Sunday 30 March 2014

A Quick Chat With Ada Hamza



Ada Hamza's photography was featured earlier here, she answered a few questions about her work, this is what she had to say.





Stickerpaper:
How would you describe your work in your own words? 

Ada Hamza: 
I would describe my photography as vernacular. I tend to have a personal approach no matter what I shoot and through the process of creating a series of photos I'm always searching for humour and subtleness.

I enjoy shooting people very much but somehow I always end up shooting nature and urban environments, and that's probably because I'm a little shy, but I'm very interested in human behaviour and intimate spaces, so I'm planning to make some portraits and work with people more in the future.


Stickerpaper:
Where would you say you get inspiration from? 

Ada Hamza:
Inspiration is a thing that comes from everywhere and many times we are not aware of it. It's a mosaic of subconscious, memories, motion, smell, light, art, people....


Stickerpaper:
Finally, are there any artists you would compare your work to? 

Ada Hamza:
I would feel uncomfortable and pretentious if I had to compare my work to the work of somebody who I admire and look up to so I will keep this a secret. I believe it's easier for other people to see similarities, because as an an artist it's very difficult to have an objective view of your own work.


www.adahamza.com



No comments:

Post a Comment