Friday 28 March 2014

A quick chat with illustrator, Giulia Palombino.


Another quick interview with a previously featured illustrator, Giulia Palombino.




Stickerpaper:
Hi Giulia, first question, how would you describe your work in your own words? 

Giulia: 
Dreamy, intimate, ironic.


Stickerpaper:
And where do you find you get the inspiration for your work? 

Giulia:
In general, if I allow myself to be playful and give myself some time to associate ideas, inspiration will come. Occasionally a great art exhibition can really put me in the mood to draw. This year I felt very inspired after seeing the work of Hilma af Klint, Méret Oppenheim, and Dorothy Iannone.


Stickerpaper:
Finally, are there any artists which you feel your work would be comparable to? Either thematically or visually? 

I think my work has certain affinities with the work of artists such as Henry Darger, Meret Oppenheim, Keiichi Tanaami (especially his early animations) and Roderick Mills, who has been my life drawing teacher at Central Saint Martins.

www.giuliapalombino.com







No comments:

Post a Comment