Thursday 27 March 2014

A quick chat with illustrator, Ohara Hale.

Ohara Hale, illustrator who was previously featured here took the time to have a quick chat over email to describe her work process and give a little insight into her work.



Here are some of the topics we chatted about: 


Stickerpaper: 
Firstly, How would you describe your work? 

Ohara Hale:  
Hmmm...simple pencil brain/heart vibrations. 


Stickerpaper:  
And where do you find you get the inspiration from your work from? 

Ohara hale: 
Everyday life, books I'm reading, thoughts I'm thinking. I'm always seeking new information, sifting through random library shelves, listening and looking for bird-calls. It's important we all keep our senses sensing, the world is a beautiful buzzing radio, playing songs made just for you to listen to.


Stickerpaper:
Are there any artists which you feel your work is comparable to? Either thematically or visually? 

Ohara Hale: 
I don't know...I love Saul Stienberg and Dr.Seuss and Sempe but I don't try to emulate them in any intentional sort of way, but, if someone said my stuff reminded me of theirs combined then I would feel really happy about that, honoured even. 

Ohara Hale:
<3! 





No comments:

Post a Comment